In the News
1. Rare 'spotless' giraffe born in Tennessee. Help the Bright Zoo name her!
2. Watch space rock flybys in real time! Click here for NASA's "Eyes on Asteroids" site
3. Random Acts of Kindness Registration! Payitforward911.org
4. Great Garbage Patch progress. Cleanup hits a milestone!
5. Grin & Bear it! Check out the resident 'bear' on Mars!
6. Media Literacy. Making sense of the messages!
7. The Crisis in Ukraine: How to help kids navigate the news and images.
Associated Press CNN
8. Dial-a-Smile. Uplifting messages from kids, for everyone! Peptok's number: 707-998-8410.
Share My Lesson
A digital platform where educators can collaborate and share standards-aligned learning resources such as lesson plans, classroom strategies and professional development webinars—at no cost. Owned and operated by the AFT (American Federation of Teachers). Share My Lesson.
Bamboo Learning Free, voice-based educational apps for kids age 5-12: Just say “Alexa, open Bamboo Learning” to open a world of active, conversational skills with Bamboo Books, Bamboo Math, Bamboo Luminaries, Highlights Storybooks, and Bamboo Music!
NatGeoForKids Ages 8+ Geography, animals and more.
Amazing Educational Resources. By teachers and for teachers.
6. Space optimization for teachers! Tips on separating home from work when you're working from home!
In-Person Experience — United States
U.S. National Park Pass The great outdoors make a great classroom! The Every Kid Outdoors Program gives 4th Grade Students and their families free entrance to Public Lands. This program is an interagency collaboration between the Department of the Interior, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and U.S. Forest Service providing fourth graders with free access to explore, learn, and recreate in spectacular settings, including national parks, wildlife refuges, marine sanctuaries, and forests. Not in the U.S. or not wanting to leave the classroom? Educational activities, field trip options, information and tools in English and Spanish, and the ability to print vouchers for passes for students are all available on the website.
NASA for Students. A place to Inspire, engage, educate, and employ the next generation of engineers. And don't forget Slime in Space! Astronauts teamed up with Nickelodeon to take kids 250 miles above the earth to see how slime reacts to microgravity! Watch ping pong with slime! Free!
Architecture and Design. Tailored, creative hands-on projects to support curiosity, creativity, and innovation. Adopted from the Arkki curriculum, designed by experts in Finland. Available in 8 languages. Arkki at Home.
Coding, AI and Spy School! Get your tech on with cutting edge courses in STEM!
Bring the Zoo to You! Virtual Field Trips, Creature Feature, A Breakfast Club and Storytime, courtesy of the Ft. Worth Zoo.
Camps, Classes and Everything in Between!
Activity Hero. One stop shopping for any type of activity-- online or in-person -- by child's age, session dates, price and other search tools. This school year, popular categories include academic, art, music, coding, science, fitness and more! KidNuz receives proceeds for sign-ups!